The primary purpose of the Managing Director is to recruit, train, supervise, retain, and grow a unit of Financial Representatives at various stages of professional experience. The Managing Director assists the General Agent in the overall marketing, growth and development of the firm.
· Source, select and successfully recruit financial representative candidates from within the firm’s target markets.
· Conduct classroom development and training on skills, systems and tools, products and more to develop their FR team and provide the skills needed for them to be successful in building their practice.
· Monitor activity and conduct joint field work on a consistent and regular basis to assist in the development of agent prospecting, selling and referral skills as well as evaluate sales practices.
· Assist the General Agent in identifying target markets and implement recruiting and training programs to take advantage of new marketing opportunities.
· Maintain weekly reporting requirements to keep General Agent and management team abreast of results and assure the retention and success of individual agents.
A successful Managing Director will:
· Pursue industry and Registered Principal designations to enhance credibility and prepare for larger management roles in the future.
· Actively participate in company-sponsored management and leadership development to prepare for new responsibilities in a changing environment.
· Evaluate and make recommendations on recruiting, selection and training systems to improve agent growth, development and retention.
· Be highly organized with the ability to build and develop a team of FRs while simultaneously continuing to build and grow your own practice.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and can cultivate relationships with people from all levels and backgrounds and facilitate thought provoking discussions on their career goals, achievements, and values.
· A strong desire to develop others and see them succeed through teaching, monitoring, coaching, and supervision.
· Ability to develop deep relationships with agents, tailoring your style to each unique individual based on their needs and skill level and impart best practices.
· High level of initiative and independence to generate an equivalent sense of urgency and entrepreneurship in agents.
· Strong organizational and planning skills to maintain personal and unit efficiency and effectiveness.
You are able to…
· Build a thorough understanding of the firm’s training systems, products and resources and their proper application in an agent’s development.
· Gain a strong understanding of the mission, values and culture of the firm and instil them in others
· College degree or equivalent work experience
· Professional designation such as CLU, ChFC, or CFP
· NASD 6, 7 and 24 preferred.
· 4-6 years insurance industry sales experience including 3-5 years field management or agency distribution system.
· Demonstrated background and success in firm building and recruitment preferred.
Customer focus – is a fundamental belief that one’s role at Guardian is to help or serve customers (Internal and External) and meet their needs. At lower levels this includes working with customers in ways that produce customer satisfaction whereas at higher levels it involves supporting and/or creating a customer-focused environment.
Respect for Diversity - is the consideration for individuals from different backgrounds or ethnic groups (e.g. race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, lifestyle, heritage, and culture) and the ability to work effectively with others in a diverse organization. At higher levels it involves supporting or creating an environment which promotes diversity and appreciates the balance between work and life.
Demonstrating initiative – is the extent to which an individual proactively addresses situations or opportunities as opposed to simply reacting to problems and assignments. It includes identifying obstacles and taking action to address current and future challenges and opportunities.
Drive toward improvement – is the capacity to be energized and excited by challenging goals and a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. It is reflected in a true sense of competitiveness and a drive for results. At its highest levels, it is exhibited through a strong desire to achieve sustainable business results over the short-and long-term, despite adversity.
Holding people accountable – is the ability and willingness to be direct in appropriate circumstances. It implies the intent to make others comply with one’s wishes where personal power or the power of one’s position is used appropriately, with the long-term good of the organization in mind.
Impact and influence – are the ability to define and articulate and idea or plan in a compelling manner to make a specific impression on others. It includes harnessing an understanding of one’s audience to win support for a proposed initiative and generating enthusiasm for new ideas.
Self-assurance – is the belief in one’s ability to accomplish a task or complete a course of action. It includes having the level of confidence that enables one to take on challenges and express new ideas.
Team facilitation – involves having the ability to create an effective team environment, providing a sense of cohesiveness, identity and purpose to a work group, which helps to inspire motivation among its members toward a common goal. At its highest level, it means resolving conflict in a constructive way, through dialogue and, when necessary, direct facilitation.
Who we are...
Rethink Wealth is a nationwide financial planning firm focused on holistic solutions that help guide our clients on their journey to financial freedom. Our clients enjoy tailored financial coaching that encourages them to rethink the traditional concept of wealth by taking a comprehensive look at all aspects of life and defining what wealth truly means to them. Empowered with self-awareness and understanding, we help guide clients every step of the way on their path to financial freedom with progressive financial solutions that strive to work throughout their whole lives. If you're tired of the rat race, frustrated with financial advisors who have let you down, or just want to achieve financial freedom on your own terms - Rethink Wealth can serve as a powerful guide on the road ahead.